SAPRI propose to undertake a governance survey of the South Asia region initially covering India, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Nepal and Sri Lanka.
The principal objectives of the Survey would be:-
- to create awareness among policy makers and civil society on the state of governance in the region.
- to inform SAPRI’s governance work by identifying the strengths and weaknesses, as well as the factors that drive public accountability and transparency in each selected country.
- to support high level advocacy by SAPRI’s Chair and other members of the Board and Advisory Committees.
- to develop capacity in national policy institutions to conduct and analyse governance related surveys and disseminate the outcomes.
- to develop a South Asia policy research community that works on the regions governance challenges.
The Survey will comprehensively cover the major areas related to : Governance such as the elected bodies – Parliament, Provincial Associates, local government bodies ; the Executive including the public service ; the Justice Sector ; the intermediation of power ; political parties ; civil society organizations that mediate public accountability and the media. site information . cctfcu .